Thinking about starting your fitness goals at Premier but feeling a bit daunted? Don’t be! At Premier our team are here to support you every step of the way. Here are the 5 steps to getting started at Premier Health & Fitness, Brookvale.
1. Your tour and needs analysis
The first step is your own personalised tour of our amazing gym! Making an appointment is best, but you can just drop in if you are in the vicinity.
At the start of this tour, we will discuss with you your individual fitness needs such as;
- What are your main goals e.g. Weight loss, strength, general health and fitness
- How many times a week do you think you will visit the club?
- Do you have any existing injuries or medical conditions?
- Have you trained before?
- Are you coming back to training after a baby or a long fitness break?
Then we can best tailor the tour to your specific requirements.
Join & Get your Premier welcome pack
From here we will take you through membership options. We are the Northern Beaches best value gym! Our offering includes
- No long-term contracts
- No joining fees
- All-inclusive memberships – no tricky extra costs
- Best value creche fees
You will then receive your Premier welcome pack and you are on your way to your health & fitness goals.
2. PT Session and Personalised Programme
To get you off on the right track your first session will be with one of our awesome and highly experienced personal trainers.
We will match you with the Premier personal trainer who is best matched for your individual needs and goals. We have specialist PT’s for
- Pre and Post-natal Training
- Training for a specific event such as a fun run or triathlon
- Injury rehabilitation
- Weight loss
Your Personal Trainer will sit down with you and go through your needs and goals. They will then design a training programme specifically for you. Your PT will take you through each exercise and explain what each is for.
They will also show you how our fab cardio machines work including how to use their inbuilt individual entertainment functionality. It makes training a breeze!
3. Getting Started and Staying on Track
Now you have your programme I bet you will be raring to go. Here are some top tips to keep you on track.
It takes 21 days to make a new habit and 90 days to make a new lifestyle.
Make exercise an appointment in your diary.
- Sit down each week or fortnight (or whenever you do your planning) and decide and commit to your workout sessions
- Put in your diary as a firm appointment
- Get family or partner buy-in so there are no rock blocks to your plan
- Importantly! If something does go awry and you can’t make your session, that’s OK there is always tomorrow.
- Even if you missed a week – start again tomorrow
Each workout you do is a step closer to your goals.
If you do get out of the habit, just give us a call to get back on track again.
4. Try a group exercise class
Group exercise classes are a great way to reach your goals! And they are super fun! You might like to add some to your workout schedule.
What to try will decide on your personal preferences and what suits your current level of fitness. Your PT will chat with you about what classes might suit you.
We offer heaps of classes to suit all interests and goals including:
- Yoga & Pilates
- Les Mills including Body Pump, Body Step, Body Attack
- Circuit & Abs
- A range of HIIT classes in our new functional studio
Remember no-one gets it the first time round. Just give it a go and have fun!
5. Your First Session
You’ve booked your training sessions into your calendar its time to get started!
Pack your gym bag the night before so it’s ready to go when you are, don’t forget to pack;
- A towel is a must. ( No towel = no training) We sell towels at reception.
- Headphones for the cardio equipment ( A standard 3.5mm Headphone jack)
- A water bottle
We supply antibacterial wipes to wipe down equipment before and after use
If you need to head off to work of another appointment after your workout we have full bathroom facilities including hairdryers and ironing boards.
If at any stage you get stuck on how to use a piece of equipment or your programme (or anything else!) ask one of our PT’s or team members.
We are here to help!